Situated one block from the Delmar Loop, an arts and entertainment district in University City MO, Lewis Collaborative is an adaptive re-use success story.
Built in 1909 and reimagined in 2020, this mixed-use complex includes 16,000 square feet of commercial space, 93 multi-family apartments and a community coffee house. Designed to attract innovators, artists and design enthusiasts, KLI was tasked with creating the name, brand and a comprehensive signage, wayfinding and graphics system. Given the maze-like configuration of the building, wayfinding was especially challenging. Historic and community-oriented neighborhood names were developed and expressed with bold super graphics emblazoned the walls, floors and entry doors. It’s decidedly youthful and functional simultaneously.